The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to spread warmth and cheer than by participating in CHOY's annual Holiday Drive?
This year, we invite you to be a part of something truly special as we come together to make a difference in the lives of the children and families that we serve. There are three different ways to give:
At Children's Home of York, we believe every child deserves the joy of unwrapping a special gift during the holidays. Our wish lists is a way for you to help fulfill the dreams and wishes of deserving children. Find out how it works:
- Browse our wish lists: Take a look at the linked registries below. They're full of specific items that have been requested from the children and youth in our care.
- Select your gifts: You can choose one or more items, as many as you'd like.
- Make your purchase: Making your purchase online will allow you to have the gift(s) mailed directly to Children's Home of York. CHOY will organize each packaging reaching the family of the child who requested it.
Especially the older adolescents in our care, they don't always provide specific gift ideas, so we like to provide them gift cards to eventually pick up a present for themselves. While big-retail gift cards are preferred because of their variety of products (think Target, Walmart), all gift cards are appreciated! Here's a list of cards gifted in the past:
- Google Play
- Visa pre-paid
Home linens for comfort
At CHOY, we understand the importance of a comfortable and welcoming living environment for the youth in our residential programs. Your generous contributions of home linens like bedding, towels, and blankets can not only provide a physical comfort, but also create a nurturing atmosphere that contributes significantly to our residents' well-being and sense of belonging. Your gift will ensure our residents can enjoy the comfort and dignity they deserve. Here's a list of items we are looking for:
- Comforter and sheet sets, twin and twin XL sizes (also called "bed in a bag")
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Throw blankets
- Bed pillows
For more information and to organize a large donation of home linens, please contact Kasey Lofites.