Foster Care Caseworker
Children’s Home of York is seeking applicants for a full-time permanency caseworker for foster care.
FOSTER CARE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Complies with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
2) Includes the entire policies and procedures manual.
3) Includes all policies in the employee handbook.
4) Provide case management and advocacy services including placement, supervision, support, guidance, counseling, and therapeutic interventions for program youth, their families, and resource families.
5) Bringing clients into appropriate service.
6) Developing the ISP.
7) Brokering services.
8) Living by the ISP.
9) Level of supervision and support to the clients and Resource Families.
10) Receives referrals made to the program and assists with determining appropriate resource family matches.
11) Rotating receiving referrals – the intake phone, being there when you need to be.
12) Giving quick and accurate answers.
13) Facilitating the referral with both match and placement
14) Prepares and completes required reports and documentation, maintains files and records, and performs other required administrative tasks assigned.
15) ISP, Quarterly Program Report, Home Visit Notes, Admission Checklist, Peer Review Checklist, Admission and discharge forms, and respite sheets.
16) Timely completion of the above.
17) Accurate completion of the above
18) Files kept up to date
19) Establishes and maintains professional relationships with the referral providers, inter-agency members, resource families, and the community.
20) Maintains a professional relationship and rapport with other team members, referral sources, Resource Families, client families, and community resources.
21) Is alert to complaints.
22) Takes corrective action when needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Ability to provide vehicular transportation of clients.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- Maintains a flexible schedule for appointments and on-call duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Successful completion of Caseworker Trainee training and orientation, or 1 year of caseworker experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 21 years of age or older
- All required clearances
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides services to a culturally diverse population.