We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to be the front face of the Children's Home of York. This person will be responsible for greeting clients, vendors, and executives and maintaining the main switchboard. This position supports human resources functions, development fundraising projects, and assists programs with administrative tasks.
This person will work well independently and have the motivation to make projects their own. We're looking for a creative and energetic individual looking to develop their own niche. If you're willing to grow, we're willing to help!
- Complies with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
- Includes the entire policies and procedures manual.
- Includes all policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Prepares and completes required reports and documentation, and performs other required administrative tasks assigned.
- Complete the population report daily.
- Complete the check register daily.
- Process the incoming and outgoing mail daily.
- Responsible for the Neopost /Priority Systems mail machine.
- Maintain the vehicle log book and keys.
- Maintain the mail room and staff lounge.
- Distribute incoming faxes to appropriate staff.
- Create name badges for all staff members.
- Reserve meeting rooms for staff as needed.
- Responsible for the petty cash and reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Supports appropriate communication between the organization and its customers, visitors, clients, and other outside contacts.
- Answer phone and directs calls to an appropriate staff member.
- Answer the window and directs visitors to appropriate staff member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit, push, pull, lift, and carry as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- High school diploma required
- Successful work history of 2 years or more preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including word and excel. Knowledge of Microsoft 360 web applications a plus.
- 21 years of age or older
- All required clearances
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides services to a culturally diverse population.