Direct Support Professional
- Comply with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
- Abides by all expectations outlined by licensing bodies, including but not limited to COA and DPW Provide supervision as per program expectations and ensure that all clients have appropriate shelter and nutrition.
- Ensure that the milieu provides physical and emotional safety for all clientele.
- Provide oversight of milieu and ensure that all residents complete daily living activities (i.e., personal hygiene, laundry, maintaining a clean living space).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor, IL Coordinator, or Associate Director.
- Work to ensure the health and well-being of both clients and fellow staff at all times by adhering to the Seven Commitments of the Sanctuary Model and the philosophy of Safe Crisis Management Prepare and complete required reports and documentation as per organization and program expectations as well as perform other required administrative tasks assigned.
- Provide client oversight, participate in, or facilitate group meetings and activities specific to program implementation.
- Attend regular supervision with immediate supervisor and provide the necessary communication
- Provide vehicular transportation for clients as needed and assigned.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of safe crisis management, including physical interventions.
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Ability to provide awake supervision of clients at all times Ability to provide vehicular transportation of clients.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year experience working with children/youth in a residential treatment setting or other relevant experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. 21 years of age or older
- All required clearances
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides services to a culturally diverse population