We are seeking a qualified accounting professional to join our team and help us continue on our mission of empowering families, enriching communities, and shaping the future one life at a time.
- Ensures and assists with completion of assigned Accounting and Administrative tasks and functions:
- General Ledger integrity in the proper classification of entries and monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly closing and adjusting Journal Entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee and manage payroll information and assuring the timely completion of bi-weekly payroll and related tax remittances.
- Oversee and direct accounting staff daily activities.
- Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff to ensure:
- Billings and receipts are transacted accurately and timely;
- Vendor invoices and payments are transacted accurately and timely.
- Oversee and direct billing and accounts receivable operations and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Update reports for monthly finance and board meetings.
- Oversee and direct the tracking of income, including donations, grants, and trusts.
- Submit payment for quarterly and end-of-year taxes
- Ensure payroll is processed on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintains leases, contracts, and operational insurances
- Assist with Annual budget, audit, budgets, and reporting; serves as a point of contact for auditors.
- Attend staff meetings, training, and in-services as directed.
- Participate in at least twenty-four hours of training per training year.
- Supports appropriate communication between the Accounting Department and staff, administration, and outside vendors.
- Works with program supervisors to promote understanding and resolve problems with accounting related questions.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Agency Account policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to intermittently stand and sit.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying as required.
- Must be able to describe and articulate events in both written and spoken English.
- Must be able to read and comprehend reports written in English.
- Has the mental and emotional capacity to work in a highly stressful environment.
- Ability to use appropriate technology to communicate and complete duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent required.
- 5 years of accounting experience required;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks required;
- Good understanding of GAAP and general accounting processes;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- 21 years of age or older;
- All required clearances;
- Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides services to a culturally diverse population.