Development and Fundraising Coordinator
We are looking for an energetic, skilled development and fundraising team member with an eye for design and the ability to navigate social media and web-based marketing like a pro. This unique person will be one of the faces of our organization, representing us and our interests among the community. We are excited for this opportunity to expand our team and to expand our collective expertise.
1. Manage graphic design for promotional materials, social media, and events; including but not limited to collateral materials, giveaway designs, logos, infographics, social media campaigns, and website.
- Order and manage inventory of promotional materials.
- Assist and/or manage photography affiliated with events.
- Assist social media accounts and craft relevant digital posts.
2. Assists with and provides support to all fundraising projects:
- Coordinates all development department mailings.
- Manages mailing lists for solicitations
- Ensures all materials (mailing envelopes, remittance envelopes and appeal letters or other mail solicitations) are delivered in a timely manner to meet appeal deadlines.
- Ensures appropriate postage is available to mail appeals.
- Provides supporting documentation for grants i.e. information from donor perfect
- Coordinates Holiday In-kind drive.
- Prepares visitor packets for all tours
- Assists with tours as needed
- Secures volunteers for Holiday In-kind Program
3. Directs and conducts communication, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for key donors and prospects in regards to event sponsorships, major gifts and planned gifts.
- Prepares four newsletters per year in cooperation with the outsourced layout and design vendor.
- Prepares appeal letters.
4. Completes administrative reports and tasks in support of the Development department as well as other administrative duties as assigned:
- Provides data as needed from the donor database for support of development activities
- Participate in grant writing
- Attends Development Committee Meetings
- Secures mailing lists to enhance solicitations
- Coordinates mailing: Appeals, Newsletters and other solicitations
- Works with program staff to coordinate the needs of children and in-kind gifts received
- Manages distribution of gift cards to ensure maximum utilization to meet program needs and ensure fiscal accountability
5. Coordinates and manages all volunteer activities.
- Assesses if there is a match between the volunteer activity and the Children’s Home
- Contact Maintenance Department to determine what projects can utilize volunteers
- Coordinates volunteer activity with the program when necessary
- Determine who will provide supplies: CHOY or Volunteer Group
- Ensure CHOY and Volunteers understand the scope of the project
- Greet volunteers and provide them with information about the Children’s Home (newsletters/annual reports)
- Provide refreshments (water/snacks) or ensure the group has made arrangements for lunch if not provided by CHOY
- Determine the in-kind value of volunteer project
- Thank volunteers personally at the completion of the project and send thank you letter acknowledging contribution.
6. Supports appropriate communication between the Agency and its customers, visitors, donors, and other outside contacts:
- Prepares all acknowledgments for contributions and in-kind gifts
- Receives all inquiries concerning in-kind gifts
- Receives all inquiries relating to volunteer projects
- Coordinates development activities with appropriate staff
- Prepares all packets for visitors
- Develops relationships with donors
- Provides stewardship and cultivation to donors
7. Manages and maintains the computer-based donor and prospective donor information files:
- Updates all information relative to the donor database
- Coordinates all questions and training related to the database with donor perfect
- Records all contributions
- Attends database training as needed
- Ensures all donor perfect program updates are current
- Prepares necessary reports from Donor Perfect
8. Coordinates Agency events that are assigned to the Development Department
- Works to coordinate National Family Week
- Coordinates children attendance with program staff
- Coordinates family attendance with program staff
- Arranges for speaker for an event
- Coordinates Annual Meeting – selecting event location and menu
- Arranges for children and appropriate family/staff to attend
- Coordinates guest speaker for an event
- Secures gifts for children being recognized at the meeting
9. Assists with the implementation of short and long-term quantified development plans.