Exciting opportunity for current or eligible Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) for a part-time Clinical Therapist position with our Bridges™ partial hospitalization program. Manage a caseload of children and adolescents for individual, family, and group therapy and ensure the program operates within trauma-informed, empirical, strength-based principles. This position has the potential to develop into a full-time position.
1. Comply with all Agency and Program policies, procedures, and protocols in a professional and ethical manner.
-Maintains familiarity with policies, procedures, and protocols
-Provides clinical input into the development of appropriate policies to assure program compliance with regulations and high-quality service
-Maintain all required training and licensing requirements.
2. Work to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of both clients and fellow staff at all times
-Adheres to the seven commitments of the Sanctuary Model and ensures that all clinical staff adheres to these commitments.
-Appropriately performs Safe Crisis Management physical intervention techniques and ensures that all clinical staff does same.
-Maintains the clean and sanitary conditions of the building and agency property and ensures that all clinical staff does same.
-Able to be counted in the staff/client ratio when necessary
3. Operates as a member of the Program Leadership Team to develop, administer, and implement program procedures and services as defined in the program description and the clinical operations of the program
-Attends and actively participates in Program Leadership Team Meetings and activities.
4. Provide evidence-based and best practices clinical and therapeutic services to individual clients, groups, and families as per program expectations
5. In the absence of a different plan, manages the discharge process and completes the following discharge procedures
-Writes discharge summaries.
-Sets up aftercare services (including Med Management and referrals for other services).
-Performs post-discharge follow-up contacts as per agency expectation.
6. Perform collateral services with families, agencies, schools, and other involved entities and presides at multi-agency/inter-agency team meetings
-Provides collateral services in a thorough and timely fashion
-Ensures collateral services meet all governing regulations
7. Ensures that families receive information regarding needed services
8. On behalf of the Children’s Home of York and the BRIDGES™ Program, attends CHOY and community meetings as assigned.
9. Develop individualized comprehensive treatment plans with clients, families, concurrent services, and other members of the treatment team, and ensures that clinical staff does same
-Treatment plans reflect best-practices guidelines, follow the expectations outlined by COA, CASSP principles, MCOs, and by the various licensing bodies
10. Prepare and complete required reports and other documentation in a timely fashion as well as perform other required administrative tasks as assigned.
11. Provides support in the Treatment Rooms when needed.
12. Acts as the program’s Mental Health Professional in the absence of the Program Supervisor, other clinicians, and the Associate Director
Qualifications and Skills
-Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field required
-Current or eligible for PA LSW or LPC.
-Good written and verbal communication skills.
-21 years of age or older
-Be sensitive to and comfortable with working in an agency that provides services to a culturally diverse population.